Windows 2003 Server Terminal Server Lisanslaması
10 kullanıcılı Windows 2003 Terminal Server lisansım bulunmaktadır. Server 'ımın işletim sistemini Windows 2008 Server 'a yüksetmek istiyorum.
Windows 2003 için almış olduğum lisansları Windows 2008 Server 'a kurabilirmiyim acaba ?
2003 den 2008 upgrade yaptığımda çalışacaktır diye düşünüyorum fakat direk formatlayıp kurduğumda acaba çalışacakmı ?
Yarımlarınız için teşekkürler.
This article is
designed to help those who want to migrate their Windows Server 2003 TS
License Server from one machine to another. We recommend that you read
through the instructions once before beginning the migration.
License Server migration is an added feature in Windows Server 2008
R2. In Windows Server 2008 R2, when you right-click on the server name
you will see the ‘Manage RDS CALs’ option. After selecting this, you
will see the ‘Manage RDS CALs Wizard’ to guide you through the migration
process. But to migrate Windows Server 2008 license server, you need to
follow the same steps as mentioned in the post.
The migration of your license server requires three stages. First,
you must activate the new license server. Next, you need to deactivate
the old server. Lastly, you need to move all the licenses from the old
server to the new server. To do this, you will need to contact Microsoft
Clearinghouse over the telephone. You should to be prepared with the
paperwork for the original TS licenses, as this data needs to be
provided to clearinghouse personnel. If the original paperwork is lost,
then you need to contact your Microsoft TAM (Technical Account Manager)
to obtain copies.
To migrate your license server:
Step 1: Activate the new license server:
- Setup a machine running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008
R2 as a license server. [UPDATE: Corrected from Win2003
- Open the TS License Manager tool (licmgr.exe)
- Activate the server by right-clicking on the server name under the ‘All
servers’ node in the left pane and selecting ‘Activate Server’.
The Activate Server Wizard will open.
- Click Next. Select ‘Telephone’ as your connection
method and click Next.
- On the ‘Country or Region Selection’ page, select your
appropriate country and region.
- The next page will provide you with the License Server ID and the
Microsoft Clearinghouse telephone number to call. Write them on a piece
of paper but don’t make the call yet. You may want to keep the wizard
Step 2: De-activate the old license server:
- Open the TS License Manager tool on your old license server.
- Change the connection method to telephone by right-clicking the
server name under the ‘All servers’ node in the left pane,
selecting ‘Properties,’ and setting the connection method to ‘Telephone’.
- Again right-click the server name under the ‘All servers’
node in the left pane, select ‘Advanced’ and then select ‘Deactivate
Server.’ The License Server Deactivation Wizard will open. Click ‘Next’.
- On the ‘License Server Deactivation’ page, you will be
provided with the same clearinghouse phone number and the License Server
ID of your old server. Make a note of this License Server ID as you
need to provide this to Microsoft Clearinghouse.
- Call Microsoft Clearinghouse at the number you have noted and give
them the product ID of the new license server which you want to activate
and of the old license server which you want to deactivate. Once you
have given them this information, Microsoft Clearinghouse will provide
you with the confirmation code. Enter this code into the License Server
Deactivation Wizard when prompted.
Step 3: Move each of the license key packs one by one, from the
older LS to the new one:
- On the same call with the clearinghouse, inform them that you also
want to migrate the licenses.
- Open the License Install Wizard on the new license server.
- Provide the following information to the clearinghouse which they
will use to generate the new License Key Pack ID:
- The license server ID of the old license server
- Paper work for the original TS licenses
- Enter the new license key pack ID in the Install License Wizard and
complete the License Installation on the new license server.
- Repeat the same process for migration of all license key packs.
Türkçe çevirisi olsaydı çok daha güzel olurdu ya .. 🙁