Vmware workstation dan ESX İ ye geçiş
- Use Browse datastore to create a folder for the source guest’s files.
- Upload the source machines guest files to the folder created above.
- On the ESXi host machine, enable the Remote Tech Support Mode (SSH)
from Troubleshooting Options. F2 > Login > Troubleshooting Options
- Download Putty (an SSH client) and connect to your ESX server. Login as root with your password.
- Change directory in to the folder where you uploaded your guest’s files. This is usually located in /vmfs/volumes/[datastore]/[Folder created in step1]
- Use the vmkfstools command to import your VMDK. This process will create a new VMDK that is compatible with ESXi.
vmkfstools -i [source.vmdk] -d zeroedthick [destination.vmdk]
- Rename your original source vmdk file(s) by using the mv command:
mv [source.vmdk] [source.vmdkOLD]
- Open the VMX file with Vi (a text editor)
- Find the references to the [source.vmdk] files and edit them to reflect the new names of the [destination.vmdk] files. Use the Insert key to edit and then press Esc when you have finished editing.
- Save the edited VMX file. :w
- Exit Vi. :q
- Back in vSphere Client, Browse datastore and import the virtual machine VMX file.
- Your VM should start up.
- It’s up to you if you want to delete your [source.vmdk] files to save space.
şeklinde not almışım daha once bu işlem için belki işinize yarayabilir (kaynak neresi idi hatırlamıyorum)